Sunday 20 July 2008

Just a few words

So, first officially day in the hotel.

Yesterday, left the house at 3:15am, got to the airport at about 3:45am. Then by 4am we were in the waiting area for planes...
Got some breakfast (well, "breakfast", was a cup of coffee and a croissant). had to stay awake so that my mum could sleep.
Then at 5:45 we could start boarding the plane, we were all in buy 6:15 - bloody plane was packed!

Plane took off, and we were in the skies! I fell asleep and woke up at 7:30.. then we were brought breakfast - not the nicest of things! but hey, better than nothing.
Then just kept falling asleep for 20minutes here, 10minutes there - not very nice, very uncomfortable, boiling hot, not much room!

At 9:25 (local time, so 10:25 Belgian time)
Stopped off in Lanzarote for about 30minutes, to refuel the plane and let some passengers off and some more on.

Then 10:20 we took off again for another 40minutes. I slept pretty much the whole time.

Arrived at the airport - it only has one strip! and my the island is just a massive rock! it's so dry!

then got on a bus - the usual "tourist" bus. And it took over an hour to get to our hotel. we had to cross the island! we had to go so high in the mountains we were ABOVE clouds, I mean, WOW!!!

The hotel is really nice.
We went to have lunch and it was practically empty.
though most people in the hotel are Spanish, so I assumed they were still at the pool and whatnot, as Spaniard tend to have their meals late and then take a nap.
Other than Spaniards, lots of Germans, and a few flemish.

Anyway, so back to the room, get our bearings and all, change into swimsuits and off to the seaside (the one that is literally next to the hotel. You can sit on the terrasse for dinner and if you climbed over you'd a few metres away from the shoreline)
As the island is a volcanic one, the sand is black!
It was so bloody cold, but I only went in for about 10minutes. the current was just so strong! and the waves really big.
So instead, we went to one of the two pools, went in for about an hour.
Then shower, dinner, and bed! I mean, we hadn't been in a bed since Thursday night! and the only sleep we'd had was a couple of hours on a plane! so not the best of sleep.

Now, today, haven't yet been to the pool, the tour guide lady person from the company we booked came and so we were told about stuff around the island.
I want to go visit one of the volcanoes, but it's far, it takes about 8hours, and I'm sooo tired!!

The reception area has wireless internet (just got it 3weeks ago!) so as my mum brought her laptop, I'm in the reception area at the moment, sitting at a table with a bottle of coke light and the pretty pretty laptop!

Also, I'm sick of there being so many hot (tanned)spanish guys and hot (tanned)spanish girls. Just makes me feel so out of place. So ugly and fat.

Well, it's 13:40 right now. Lunch is from 13:00 to 16:00.
So I'm gonna go get my mum, so we can go to lunch, then take our time to change back into swimsuits and hopefully go swimming and hopefully tan!

Well, that's all for now, from La Palma.


No comments: